Hobden & Son Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://hobdensremovals.co.uk and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Account" means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
"Cookie" means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;
"Cookie Law" means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
"Personal data" means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 AND EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
"We/Us/Our" means Hobden & Son Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 4499347, whose registered address is Boyce’s Building, Regent Street, Clifton BS8 4HU, and whose main trading address is Unit 6 The Courtyard, Barns Ground, Kenn Business Park, Clevedon BS21 6TB.
2. Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Hobden & Son Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 4499347, whose registered address is Boyce’s Building, Regent Street, Clifton and whose main trading address is Unit 6 The Courtyard, Barns Ground, Kenn Business Park, Clevedon BS21 6TB.
- Our VAT number is 302 92 5678.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Sam Hobden, and can be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 01275 877122, or by post at Hobden & Son Ltd, Unit 6 The Courtyard, Barns Ground, Kenn Business Park, Clevedon, North Somerset BS21 6TB.
- We are a member of The British Association of Removers.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. Your Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
5. What Data Do We Collect?
- [contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;]
6. How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 AND GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Supplying Our services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring Our services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 AND GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.]
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
7. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored in the UK.
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- A secure website with encryption in the form of SSL.
- Data is held within secure premises, within secure storage units for paper based records, and digital files are password protected.
8. Do We Share Your Data?
- Subject to section 8.2, We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
- In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
9. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
10. How Can You Control Your Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
11. Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of our site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
12. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us where such data is held. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, We require the payment of a small fee which will not exceed £10. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 14.
14. Contacting Us
We are proud members of the British Association of Removers
"Choosing a BAR Member will ensure your move goes smoothly, having the peace of mind that comes from using a reputable, professional and safe remover"
The Furniture and Home Improvement Ombudsman, Premier House,
First Floor 1-5 Argyle Way, Stevenage,
Hertfordshire SG1 2AD.
Visit the website
All BAR Members offer an Advanced Payment Guarantee Scheme so that any prepayments of cash, debit card or BACS are protected.
View Terms and Conditions.